Question How to increase my CPU Frequency to stay at Max at all times on 19-7980XE

itzthrillz

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2012
I have a 19-7980XE CPU. On intel's website, it says it has a max turbo frequency of 4.40 GHz. But I never see my frequency going past 2.59ghz on task manager.. Its always set to 2.59ghz. Never less and never more. How can I increase that so that it always shows at least 3.5 ghz? Always on that. I checked my bios and Intel turbo mode is enabled. My power options is set to "Ultimate Performance" mode but what's strange is I don't see the "Minimum processor state/Maximum" on my power options for some reason. Not sure if thats the reason its always on 2.59ghz. Also Im running on Windows 10, Asus motherboard with basic water cooling setup

Images below
View: https://imgur.com/a/kLN4REc

I have a 19-7980XE CPU. On intel's website, it says it has a max turbo frequency of 4.40 GHz. But I never see my frequency going past 2.59ghz on task manager.. Its always set to 2.59ghz. Never less and never more. How can I increase that so that it always shows at least 3.5 ghz? Always on that. I checked my bios and Intel turbo mode is enabled. My power options is set to "Ultimate Performance" mode but what's strange is I don't see the "Minimum processor state/Maximum" on my power options for some reason. Not sure if thats the reason its always on 2.59ghz. Also Im running on Windows 10, Asus motherboard with basic water cooling setup

Images below
View: https://imgur.com/a/kLN4REc
Are you running any add-on software or utilities that would help explain why you can't see the cpu minimum/maximum? Are you using ASUS's DIP or AISuite control software where the EPU settings can interfere with the Power Options settings? Can Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility be used with your CPU to manually set the turbo frequency you desire? Was this happening from the very moment you started running windows or did it start after you added some other software? How about software related to your water cooling setup?

Last edited: