Question how to install android 4.1.2 rom on gini s5 pro?

c512345

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
hello i never install a os on android phone befor and am not sure how to do it
after looking in to it on google it seems i need a rom that is build for my device
but i cant find it anywhere
i want to install android 4.1.2 on
gini s5 pro
will it be ok to install just any rom ?
where do i find one?
any info on this will be welcome thx.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
no any old ROM won't work. just like a pc, the phone has hardware that needs drivers to work. a ROM made for your phone will have the right drivers and all will work. a ROM made for another phone will have the wrong drivers and all kinds of problems happen.

google has the generic ROMs on the android site but you still need it customized for your phone. you also need the ability to actually install it and many phones have the bootloader locked so you can't change the ROM or anything about it.

the same phone on different carriers can have very different software so you may be able to flash the ROM from one carrier but not another if they have locked down the bootloader. many prepaid companies do this to keep the cheaper phones locked to their network and not allow you to change it.

so you need to research if you can even flash a ROM to the phone, and then find one with that old ROM customized. a good resource is https://forum.xda-developers.com/

they tend to make all the stuff to root, flash and modify various phones and if anyone has done anything with the phone it is them. that's where i go for my phone ROM"s and rooting guides and so on