How to install drivers

megalizardfish

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
I'm building a pc, and I want to download drivers from my laptop to a usb drive. The only thing I'm worried about is the security of the drivers. I don't want a virus from my laptop infecting the drivers when they are on my laptop and before I send them to the usb drive. Should I be concerned about this?
Thanks.

Solution
The company that made your motherboard will have most of the drivers available for download on the webpage for your motherboard. So download all of those there. Then you will need to install a video driver for whatever GPU you have. It will be AMD, Nvidia or Intel. Just go to their websites and select downloads, and you will be taken to their latest drivers. Download the one for your version of Windows.

Once you have all the drivers, install them all and reboot. That should get everything you need installed.

Do not go to other sites to get the drivers. Only the drivers from your motherboard manufacturer should be used for things that are built into your motherboard. Even when you want to update the drivers for the things that are...
The company that made your motherboard will have most of the drivers available for download on the webpage for your motherboard. So download all of those there. Then you will need to install a video driver for whatever GPU you have. It will be AMD, Nvidia or Intel. Just go to their websites and select downloads, and you will be taken to their latest drivers. Download the one for your version of Windows.

Once you have all the drivers, install them all and reboot. That should get everything you need installed.

Do not go to other sites to get the drivers. Only the drivers from your motherboard manufacturer should be used for things that are built into your motherboard. Even when you want to update the drivers for the things that are built into your motherboard, only get the updates from the manufacturers website. They will test things before they post them to make sure everything is compatible.

Now if you buy a third party device and attach it to your system, you can use drivers for that device in your system.

Solution