How to install drivers

sd008

Commendable
Feb 11, 2018
I just upgraded to a Ryzen 3/ Gigabyte AB350m D3h setup from an old Phenom II build. But I wanted to use my old installation of Windows 7, not knowing of the fact that Ryzen doesn't support Win7. I used Sysprep and generalize and booted from my old hdd. It all started off nicely, but now I'm stuck as my USB KB/mouse don't work. I've tried using the chipset USB 2.0 ports (both internal and back panel) to no avail. I don't have a PS/2 keyboard. Is there any way to add the drivers to the OS? I'm okay with upgrafing to Win10 (I planned on doing it after booting into Win7), but I rather not lose any of my programmes/data.

friedlander.m.s

Honorable
Feb 16, 2018

Set the bios to boot DVD first.
Put the disk in the drive and start the computer.
When you load windows 7 or windows 10, select "upgrade," and your files and programs will not be erased.
You won't lose anything.
It will just re-load the OS and mouse keyboard drivers.
Should make it work again...

If the system will not run windows 7, then you are stuck with windows 10. You have my sympathies...

sd008

Commendable
Feb 11, 2018
[Edit: Sorry, friedlander.m.s, I downvoted your answer by accident (I still haven't been able to fully figure out how this website worls). I was trying to quote your answer, and trying to find the option to do so. I can't seem to be able to revert it. But do know that I appreciate you trying to help me.]

Tried booting from an Windows 7 iso, same problem. Can't get past the first screen due to usb input devixes not working. I think I need to prepare a Win7 iso with the drivers slipstream'd in. But sadly I don't have access to another computer right now. And I guess upgrading to Win10 is also an option...

sd008

Commendable
Feb 11, 2018
Okay, so now I've made a new iso of Win7 that has the USB 3.0, RAID and AHCI drivers in the install and boot wims. With it I'm able to use the keyboard and mouse during installation. But after I click install I get an error message saying that Windows can't find a required CD/DVD driver. Any ideas?