How to install GPU

Jun 21, 2018
I recently ask on a thread for buying GPU and I have bought GTX 1050 Mini as per this thread :

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3729537/advice-graphic-cards.html

After I added my GPU into the socket correctly, the PC stuck at "hp" screen and won't load. And the pc beep every 3 seconds like that. What did I do wrong? I need help. How do I install driver for the GPU is the PC is stuck on loading screen. What is the step here?

Now It is completely stuck at the boot-up "Press escape for start up" screen with all the keys froze up

Have you tried a CMOS reset?

A beep every 3 seconds sounds like a RAM issue.

Is the video cable coming from the motherboard or the GPU? You should have the video cable coming from the GPU.

When you boot into windows it will automatically download a generic driver. Then you will need to go to the nvidia website and download the drivers for the 1050.

Jun 21, 2018

Hey, thanks for replies.

The cable coming from GPU. I have VGA monitor thus I use a DVI-D adapter to connect to my GPU.

It's been quite long it's stuck on loading screen.

Jun 21, 2018

What is a CMOS reset?

Jun 21, 2018

I did try pressing F10 multiple times but it seems nothing coming but "HP Loading Screen" and "Press ESC for Startup Menu"

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Yeah, turn the pc off, remove the card. Then disable secure boot, save changes and turn off. then put the card back in.

Jun 21, 2018

Sir I did try that just now.

But there is no "secure boot". It seems I can't disable it.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

See if there is an updated bios for your pc from HP. If not, you may not be able to get it working with your PC.

Jun 21, 2018

It seems it wont work. Can I still use the graphic card if I change my bios from legacy to uefi?

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Worth a try!