How to Install RAID 0 on an XP Machine???

wheely34

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
I am fixing a computer for my friend. Simple fix, just needed the os reinstalled. But this computer was built for him a little while ago and has dual 250 gb IDE HDDs in a RAID 0 configuration. The motherboard is an MSI K8T Neo FIS2R with an AMI BIOS. I formatted the two drives, but I do not know how to create the RAID array. The manual says to hit TAB at POST and that will take you to the RAID configuration screen...but it doesn't do that...actually doesnt do anything. I then tried to set it up when i went to install XP by pressing F6 when prompted too. Then it brings u to a screen that asked for the RAID driver and the only way it lets you install that driver is through a floppy disk. This computer does not have a floppy drive for starters, plus the RAID driver is too big to fit on a floppy anyway.

So i am kind of in a rut here. I can't figure out how to set this RAID array up and i dont see how it can be done through XP when it only allows u to install the driver via a floppy disk. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

MrLinux

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
Just an idea...
Is that with a USB or PS2 keyboard?
You might need a PS2 to initially get into the BIOS and enable USB keyboard support.

The only way to get XP installed is either to use a Floppy or to create a new XP install CD with the driver included (Google Slipstream); there are also a number of past threads on this forum by people in the same rut.

TRENDING THREADS