How to install tascam us 122 on window 8

Not available means, not available, ie not supported under windows 8.
PS: You triple posted this. Refrain from doing that in the future, please !

Blackadder75

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Hey, it IS possible! There is no Windows 8 driver because it is not needed. Windows 8 has a special feature for program compatibility. I just installed Tascam US-122 on my Windows 8 HP Pavilion g6 laptop.

1) Go to http://tascam.com/product/us-122/downloads/ and download Windows Drivers v.3.40 Windows Vista and XP driver. Unzip it.

2) In Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features choose Run Programs Made for Previous Versions of Windows. It will open Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. Click Next.

3) Your US-122 driver will not be listed there, so choose Not Listed and browse for it your downloads folder. You need the .exe file - in my case it did not show .exe extension, but it will show up once you choose it (remember, upzip first!).

4) Program Compatibility Troubleshooter will ask you to select Troubleshooting Option. Click on Troubleshoot Program.

5) When asked "What problems do you experience?" click on first - "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now."

6) When asked for previous version of windows, choose "I don't know". Another window opens, asking your permission to install Tascam.

7) You will then have to install Tascam. Click Yes throughout.

8) Finally, it is time to plug it in! After you have plugged USB into laptop, go to Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound/Manage audio devices. Choose US-122 as your default device for playback and recording, click Apply, then - OK. Done! :sol:

gess sanx

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

gess sanx

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
hi blackadder75! i'm from mexico. i got a Tascam us-2000 with cubase le5 included and i have the same problem kitandrew has. my computer is a dell inspiron windows 8 (64bits). i know there's no drivers for windows8 in this moment, the us-122 took my atantion. what do you think? could i resolve this problem with my us-2000? if it is possible, what is the step by step? i'm really interested about it and waiting for your suggestions. Greetings from México City...of chaos!

Blackadder75

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Hello mate,

I don't know about us-200 exactly, as I have the us-122. I would imagine it would work the same way. Have tried following the steps I've given in the first post?

The idea behind not having Windows 8 drivers is simple - THEY ARE NOT NEEDED. Windows 8 allows your computer to work with older software and/hardware as if it were a Windows 7 or older. I am not sure how universal this rule is, but generally that is the case. Try doing the same I did on mine, and let us know.

Hail from UK!

:hello:

SumGLAM300

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
I inform you that follow each of the steps for the installation of the Tascam US-122 but it did not help as I still see Can not install on this version of windows .. I went to troubleshooter and follow each of the steps, seeing that not work look more about how to operate the plant and found that the properties could find compatibility settings and appeared windows vista, windows 7, windows xp , service pack 1, 2 and 3 .. I tested each and every one of them but it did not work, I have a Hp Pavilion G4 Notebook PC with windows 8 .. I'm a musician and I need to work this program Tascam US-122 to work on home projects I have in mind in addition to some more projects, I hope your answer soon .. Greetings from Mexico, SumGLAM

NikiAtNite

Honorable
May 15, 2013

This instruction worked for me!!! It was a little confusing but after I got used to the stupid Windows 8 software I managed to get my Tascam working and recording. I'm using Sony recording software with it and everything works great. I used to use Magix recording software but I switched this time. I was so relieved when it was working I wanted to cry. Thank you sooooo much for your help!!!! My name is Nicole

NikiAtNite

Honorable
May 15, 2013
This instruction worked for me!!! It was a little confusing but after I got used to the stupid Windows 8 software I managed to get my Tascam working and recording. I'm using Sony recording software with it and everything works great. I used to use Magix recording software but I switched this time. I was so relieved when it was working I wanted to cry. Thank you sooooo much for your help!!!! My name is Nicole

1) Go to http://tascam.com/product/us-122/downloads/ and download Windows Drivers v.3.40 Windows Vista and XP driver. Unzip it.

2) In Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features choose Run Programs Made for Previous Versions of Windows. It will open Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. Click Next.

3) Your US-122 driver will not be listed there, so choose Not Listed and browse for it your downloads folder. You need the .exe file - in my case it did not show .exe extension, but it will show up once you choose it (remember, upzip first!).

4) Program Compatibility Troubleshooter will ask you to select Troubleshooting Option. Click on Troubleshoot Program.

5) When asked "What problems do you experience?" click on first - "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now."

6) When asked for previous version of windows, choose "I don't know". Another window opens, asking your permission to install Tascam.

7) You will then have to install Tascam. Click Yes throughout.

8) Finally, it is time to plug it in! After you have plugged USB into laptop, go to Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound/Manage audio devices. Choose US-122 as your default device for playback and recording, click Apply, then - OK. Done! :sol:

Terry McGee

Honorable
May 30, 2013
I tried to follow the method above on an i7 running Win 8 in 64 bit, but it didn't seem to be getting me anywhere. I kept getting messages that the software was an incorrect version. With nothing to lose, I thought perhaps the process most likely to work was to use the Vista compatibility settings (on the expectation that not that much has changed since then, but a lot has changed since XP). It worked! So it seems that it's worth messing about. Thanks for letting me know it was possible - I mightn't have persevered without that!

papa kaliatis

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
Hi all
My problem was not solved with ANY "us-122" drivers in ANY compatibility mode.

But what DID actually work was installing the driver :

US-122mkII & US-144mkII Drivers for Windows 7, Vista, XP driver ver 2.03 (64-bit) - 1.76 MB

at the page :

http://tascam.com/product/us-122mkii/downloads/

This is the driver for the model US-122MKII.
As always: Download, unzip, right click the app file called "Setup" and go to "properties" of file.
Then to second tab, the"compatibility" tab.
I checked the box "run as administrator" and also the box "run this program in compatibility mode for".
There I chose Vista, because the file i downloaded (tascam_us_122_144mk2_win64_203) said it was for vista. (Oh..... I have 64b Windows. If you have 32b download the 32b driver instead)

And luckily it works! My friend who has the 144 model also used the equivalent driver.
The system recognizes the card as "us-122" not as mk2, so my guess is that TASCAM obviously made this driver to work for this card as well, but never bothered to state it on their site.....

Hope it helps others :)

incabaltherapy

Reputable
Sep 25, 2014

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

This absolutely worked for me, with one minor change. I am running Windows 8.1 Pro and wanted to install a TASCAM US-224. I followed the instructions substituting only the 224 drivers, and I did have to specify when Windows asked that it was "Windows Vista" and not "I don't know" otherwise it would not work. Other than that--perfect! Thanks again

unrootz

Reputable
Sep 29, 2014

Dont be so negative. The following post is a working option. I was successfully able to get my old US122 working with Audacity on my Windows 8 laptop. Thank you Blackladder75 for the links. Thats what I was missing.

Curvex

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
Ok, new method:

- Go to .exe and right click, properties, compatibility, run as administrator

- Same page, compatibility mode -> Vista SP2

- OK, run .exe

- when done, Plug in the interface

- the usb light should come on after ~1-3mins

- if the windows installing new device window pops up just close it

- you should now have the device available in playback devices

jasson777

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014

hi, this kind of old topic but i found it on the web and all that work for me, except the part when you have to choose one older version of windows when you have the option to choose "i don´t know" it doesn´t work for me, but i try with the "windows vista(service pack 2)" option and it went great... i have a sony vaio running windows 8

paolo176

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone! Thanks to your help I was able to run my Tascam US122 on my desktop Dell Windows 8.1. But now I have another problem, the pc now is much slower in the start-up and shutdown operations (expecially shut down, now it takes 4-5 mins to power off, instead of 10 seconds of yesterday). Looking at the Control Panel I found this:
Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Can anyone give some suggestions?
Thanks!

Layla Hedderick

Reputable
Mar 11, 2015

Hi I just did this and its saying cannot install on my version of windows :(

Giacomo Mezzatesta

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015

you fail. everything is possible... Before giving "advice" you should check yourself because now you just look like a moron. /claps

Robbitybob

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015
Thanks - threads getting even older... but yes on both Windows 8.1 Pro and Home editions the VistaServicePack2 worked for me. You can also try the "recommended setting" - that thought for a while and came back with Vista SP2 as well.

A big thank you to everyone who contributed here - I was so depressed when I thought I'd lost the USB122 when I finally got rid of my old XP box that I used for recording....

skewb

Reputable
May 2, 2015
holy f*cking sh*t, i LOVE you.

how did you even find that, in the back of the control panel there, you clever little cookie. I spent 3 hours messing with this today to no avail and you've solved all of the problems i encountered with one flick of your tail. Yikes!

rwbh

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015

I am about to try to connect new Dell Inspiron laptop to my US-122. Previously, I connected it to old Dell tower PC. I know I can connect the laptop to US-122 via a USB port, as I did for old Dell tower. But where / how do I connect the LINES OUT which presently are connected to back of old Dell which has RCA ports. Thanks.

emkw78

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
I'm now trying to install my Tascam US-122 on Windows 10 and when I tried the steps below it said "Cannot install on this version of Windows". Any suggestions?

emkw78

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
I've worked out the solution to my question:

Download the driver for XP & Vista from Tascam -> right click on Driver application file -> choose Troubleshoot compatibility -> choose Troubleshoot programs -> choose first option "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now." -> click on Windows Vista option -> test program. It worked.

I found that at the point where I had to choose the previous version of Windows, I tried every one until one worked. In other posts I've read, different computers worked with different options ticked. Mine only worked with Vista.