[SOLVED] How to install to SSD with Intel Optane+931 gb HDD??

Feb 15, 2020
So apparently the HDD im using has SSD storage available (if that makes sense, im new to the whole pc world), basically im trying to install a game (EFT) onto the SSD to help with the load times but i cant seem to find a way to access the SSD on the drive. If im not mistaken, its an intel optane ssd + 931gb of HDD available, so wouldnt that mean that there should be dedicated storage for that ssd? Or would that come down to the optimization settings, and files with higher priority would then load from the ssd part of the drive? sorry if anything im asking is confusing, i just cant seem to find any information about the ssd of this drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Solution
sorry for lack of information, really don't know what im doing here too much.
Used wmic in cmd (forum said to do so?) HP 8478 is what I got back

as for the optane drive, using cmd wmic im getting : SCSI (Standard disk drives) Fixed hard disk media Intel Optane+931GBHDD \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 Optane_0000
Well, thisis almost certainly an Optane cache module.
Not a usable drive in its own right, but rather a small fast cache space for the HDD. 16 or 32GB.

You don't (and can't) address that Optane by itself. It is just part of the 'C' drive. Invisible to the user and OS.
Feb 15, 2020

as for the optane drive, using cmd wmic im getting : SCSI (Standard disk drives) Fixed hard disk media Intel Optane+931GBHDD \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 Optane_0000

USAFRet

Titan

Well, thisis almost certainly an Optane cache module.
Not a usable drive in its own right, but rather a small fast cache space for the HDD. 16 or 32GB.

You don't (and can't) address that Optane by itself. It is just part of the 'C' drive. Invisible to the user and OS.

Reactions: Pirxy
Solution