How to install ubuntu on a system with both a ssd and a hdd

steve_234

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
hey guys!
I have an dell inspiron 7559 laptop.Recently i have started learning programming and have found Ubuntu is a really good Os to pursue programming.My problem is i have a 256gb ssd and a 1tb hdd on my laptop.My windows 10 is installed on the ssd and if i were to dual boot my laptop will i be able to install Ubuntu on my 1tb hdd or is it necessary i have to install Ubuntu on my ssd (for the boot option to be on the same storage) and if i should install it on my ssd should i not use swap data while installing Ubuntu.

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
If you are good with computers then go ahead and partition your 1 terabyte hard drive and give your Ubuntu installation at least 60 gb of space on your hard drive. If you need help or advice partitioning your hard drive post back and we can help you.
If you are good with computers then go ahead and partition your 1 terabyte hard drive and give your Ubuntu installation at least 60 gb of space on your hard drive. If you need help or advice partitioning your hard drive post back and we can help you.

Solution