[SOLVED] how to install win 10 in gpt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2022
my windows 10 is installed in mbr partition it's been almost 6 years now so win 11 now comes and i want to upgrade it.
so i facing some problems,
win 11 needs to have secure boot enabled and it need Uefi mode, when i change in my bios legacy to Uefi and save changes and exit bios menu my pc automatically open up bios and will not boot my windows so i have to switch it back to legacy then my pc runs normally.

USAFRet

Titan
my windows 10 is installed in mbr partition it's been almost 6 years now so win 11 now comes and i want to upgrade it.
win 11 needs to have secure boot enabled and it need Uefi mode, when i change in my bios legacy to Uefi and save changes and exit bios menu my pc automatically open up bios and will not boot my windows so i have to switch it back to legacy then my pc runs normally.
What CPU are you using?

You can convert your windows installation to UEFI compatible.
Here was the same issue solved:

If you just want to do clean install, then boot from windows installation media in UEFI mode and clean target drive before installing windows.

so i have to first change Leagcy to Uefi mode in bios then enable secure boot and then do clean installation?
You have to boot from installation media in UEFI mode.
In boot options you'll have multiple boot entries:
[UEFI]USB flash drive​
USB flash drive.​
One boot entry boots into UEFI mode, the other in legacy mode.
If you don't have UEFI boot option, then either UEFI is disabled in BIOS or your windows installation media is not prepared for UEFI boot.

Reactions: Lakshya01
Jan 21, 2022
my issue solved
Method 1 🧑‍⚖️ Officialy and safe -
just make a bootable pendrive of any windows and boot into the installation setup
then prese Shift+F10 it will open command prompt then follow these steps
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...management/change-an-mbr-disk-into-a-gpt-disk

Method 2 🕴️- download and install Easeus pro it will convert gpt to mbr or mbr to gpt without any data loss but it's 3rd party so i highly suggest method 1!!!

after converting done just close cmd and complete windows installation it will install window in gpt mode and then change Leagcy to Uefi in bios and enable ptt and enable secure boot.
now i am able to upgrading .

Status
Not open for further replies.