Question How to install Windows 10 from USB Drive?

TTVBTW

Prominent
Mar 20, 2019
Today I got a Windows 10 keys from Microsoft and I don’t know how to install it to my new pc. When I click “Launch EFI Shell from USB drives” it says please disable secure boot. I need help thx.

TTVBTW

Prominent
Mar 20, 2019
I think you need to go into your bios and look for Secure Boot. It might be kind of hard to find, so dig all around for it. There should be a choice to enable/disable it.
Yeah, that’s what it wants me to do but it says I need to wipe the drive or something and I want to if that is the only way to download it.

You are going about it wrong. To install windows you need more than the activation key, you need the install files that you download from Microsoft which are loaded into a usb drive. Then you install windows from the usb drive. Here is how to do it.

Create an up to date USB install media by following the steps outlined here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Then disconnect or disable all hdd /ssd drives but the one where you will install windows.

Insert the USB media tool, with the windows install files, into the usb port on the computer. Next, startup and go to the board setup and ensure the computer is configured to use UEFI boot settings and SATA mode is set to AHCI.

On the motherboard boot device menu, select the command that identifies both the firmware mode and the device. For example, select UEFI: USB Drive or Windows Boot Manager: USB and list that device in the first boot slot on the board.
Reboot. Install begins.

When choosing an installation type, select Custom. On new disks, the drive will show a single area of unallocated space. If there are partitions, select each one and then "delete".

Select the unallocated space and click Next. Windows detects that the PC was booted into UEFI mode, partitions the drive using the GPT and begins the installation.

NOTE: Any data on the drive will be lost

TTVBTW

Prominent
Mar 20, 2019
You are going about it wrong. To install windows you need more than the activation key, you need the install files that you download from Microsoft which are loaded into a usb drive. Then you install windows from the usb drive. Here is how to do it.

Create an up to date USB install media by following the steps outlined here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Then disconnect or disable all hdd /ssd drives but the one where you will install windows.

Insert the USB media tool, with the windows install files, into the usb port on the computer. Next, startup and go to the board setup and ensure the computer is configured to use UEFI boot settings and SATA mode is set to AHCI.

On the motherboard boot device menu, select the command that identifies both the firmware mode and the device. For example, select UEFI: USB Drive or Windows Boot Manager: USB and list that device in the first boot slot on the board.
Reboot. Install begins.

When choosing an installation type, select Custom. On new disks, the drive will show a single area of unallocated space. If there are partitions, select each one and then "delete".

Select the unallocated space and click Next. Windows detects that the PC was booted into UEFI mode, partitions the drive using the GPT and begins the installation.

NOTE: Any data on the drive will be lost
Do I need to download The Microsoft Media Creation Tool to the Microsoft USB or to another USB Drive that I plug into my PC. Or should it be doing this all on its own?

TTVBTW

Prominent
Mar 20, 2019
I bought a Windows 10 key and USB drive from Microsoft and I plugged it in and opened up the bios, I moved it to first priority and went to Launch UEFI (something like that). I then turned the Pc off and back on it went to the windows page and I selected the versions. Then I proceeded, it looked like it was starting to work but then it showed the Windows symbol with spinning dots under it and then they froze. I left it for a few hours but still nothing. Please help.