[SOLVED] How to install windows 10 on MBR partition table with GIGABYTE Uefi DualBios

Oct 22, 2020
Specifically on GIGABYTE GA-B75M-HD3

The how to's i found on the internet to do that doesn't use gigabyte's bios so im confused, i fiddled with some settings to change it from Uefi and Legacy to Legacy only but it doesn't work.

Also i kinda <Mod Edit> up by not backuping my files on my partition before formating the C drive, which means i can't go back to the old pc and back it up before changing it from MBR to GPT.

This is my first time installing new windows, lesson learned.

Please help me if there is a way to not lose my data.

Solution
UEFI requires GPT.

The very act of installing this OS will wipe out what was on the drive. But that's already gone, so...

Oct 22, 2020
Your data is already "lost".

You were going to install a new OS on the drive, without a good backup of your data?
What did you expect to happen?

Yea im a newbie and <Mod Edit>happens so i can learn from my mistakes.

But all im asking is that based on my "research" it seems possible to change something in the bios to allow windows to install, but if im wrong and it isn't possible or this motherboard just doesn't allow it then im just gonna bite the bullet and change it into GPT.

USAFRet

Titan
UEFI requires GPT.

The very act of installing this OS will wipe out what was on the drive. But that's already gone, so...

Solution
Oct 22, 2020
UEFI requires GPT.

Ah ok, thank you, sorry for wasting ur time.