how to install xp on sata raid hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2018
hello friends, i need your help on how to install windows xp on an hp envy 750-624 desktop computer with a raid sata hard disk. I am having an old software that needs to run on windows xp but could not install xp on my modern hardware. Does any one have a work around on this issue??
Thanks in advance

If your hardware does not have drivers for XP, you're out of luck. Installing any OS on a RAID array will be always problematic. Get a cheap HDD, install XP there, update to latest. Check with RAID controller whether there'r XP drivers.

You can also look at some industrial PCs with known XP support. Yes, they'll cost little bit more, but you'll know they will run your application.

And finally - try that "old software" on a recent OS, and check with vendor for updated version.

popatim

Titan
Some people get around the lack of a legacy boot mode by dual booting linux & xp to get the grub boot loader and then deleting the linux (but not the grub)

Other then than you will need the raid or sata preinstall drivers which just don't exist for XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.