[SOLVED] How to keep an updated version of windows ready for install

dmmass

Reputable
Nov 28, 2014
So essentially what i want is to know if there is a simple and easy way of getting not just windows 10 but windows 7 (as long as microsoft support lasts) updated on multiple versions of the os, like Home, Pro, Enterprise and so on. The way i did it was download windows from microsoft then make a vm out of that and update it every so often. Then from hat vm i can get a install.wim or make an iso but the problem i have is when i need to update something that hasn't been updated for a while, then i need to babysit that vm. I have to scan for updates multiple times, restart it and so on.

Solution
D
Well i got a lot of ISO image files but my problem is keeping everything up to date, windows 10 isn't a problem i just install 1903 but windows 7 is a pain. Sure i can install it make a bootable usb and so on but i rally dont want to baby a pc whyle it updates for 2 days. Also note a lot of pc i install win 7 are crap like LGA775 dual core celeron crap :(
What he said was to use the Microsoft Windows Media Creation Tool (FREE) to make ISOs for windows 10 every once in a while. It can write it to the USB for you and it's bootable so you can install from USB

Windows 7 ISO can also be downloaded from MS if you have your VALID license key but I am not sure if they keep the ISO fully up to date.

So no need to babysit...

dmmass

Reputable
Nov 28, 2014
I just keep a USB installer for Windows 10 handy, using Windows Media Creation Tools to do my bidding. For Windows 7, well I actually have the original ISO back when it was available from MS long long ago.
Well i got a lot of ISO image files but my problem is keeping everything up to date, windows 10 isn't a problem i just install 1903 but windows 7 is a pain. Sure i can install it make a bootable usb and so on but i rally dont want to baby a pc whyle it updates for 2 days. Also note a lot of pc i install win 7 are crap like LGA775 dual core celeron crap :(

D

Deleted member 14196

What he said was to use the Microsoft Windows Media Creation Tool (FREE) to make ISOs for windows 10 every once in a while. It can write it to the USB for you and it's bootable so you can install from USB

Windows 7 ISO can also be downloaded from MS if you have your VALID license key but I am not sure if they keep the ISO fully up to date.

So no need to babysit for Windows 10 at least and you do not need a VM.

Solution

dmmass

Reputable
Nov 28, 2014

So no need to babysit for Windows 10 at least and you do not need a VM.
Yea that VALID key part is a problem since i just install the os an the person getting the pc decides if he/she wants to buy a licence or not.

D

Deleted member 14196

Yea that VALID key part is a problem since i just install the os an the person getting the pc decides if he/she wants to buy a licence or not.
No it only counts for you to get the iso. If you don’t have a valid key they will allow you to download it it has nothing to do with other people using different keys