How to keep Gigabyte 1050ti cool? ( Custom Fan Curve )

tplay2003

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
Hello guys, im sorry from now if there are any mistakes in my english. So my main problem is that
i want to keep my Nvidia Gigabyte 1050ti 4GB cool when playing games. I have the software which came with the card in CD, i installed this software and i saw that i can control my fans in my own way not only auto way. So i will be happy if any of you guys can reccomend me a custom fan curve on the gigabyte software for my video card. I dont want fans spinning without heat but if card reach 50 degrees i want the fans to work and to go up speed as the tempeture goes up i know its maybe safe to keep it on auto but i dont mind the noise. So if you have any screenshots or explanations of that how to set a custom fan curve it will be awesome im just new with the software and thats why i ask you. :) Thanks in advice!

tplay2003

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018

Thank you, but i wont leave it on auto i know it will be safe but i don't rly trust the ,,auto'' when im in game. So dont complain if you cant reccomend me a custom fan curve please. :)

Regarding 'safety' leaving it alone and doing nothing is safest, the fan speed is controlled in hardware and the bios, it generally does not fail. Having a fan curve in afterburner or whatever is in software, i've had 3-4 (maybe more) occasions where the software has failed in some way and not reverted it to auto, the fan then sat at 40% (the minimum) regardless of the GPU temp (it reached >100C). So Auto is much much safer than a fan curve.

To set a fan curve, use the software, and draw the curve, what % of max speed do you want at any temp.

Oh, and being stroppy will only get people walking away and not helping at all. Kudos to Rob for hanging around.