How to keep Gigabyte 1050ti cool? ( Custom Fan Curve )

tplay2003

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
Hello guys, im sorry from now if there are any mistakes in my english. So my main problem is that
i want to keep my Nvidia Gigabyte 1050ti 4GB cool when playing games. I have the software which came with the card in CD, i installed this software and i saw that i can control my fans in my own way not only auto way. So i will be happy if any of you guys can reccomend me a custom fan curve on the gigabyte software for my video card. I dont want fans spinning without heat but if card reach 50 degrees i want the fans to work and to go up speed as the tempeture goes up i know its maybe safe to keep it on auto but i dont mind the noise. So if you have any screenshots or explanations of that how to set a custom fan curve it will be awesome im just new with the software and thats why i ask you. :) Thanks in advice!

tplay2003

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018

Thank you, but i wont leave it on auto i know it will be safe but i don't rly trust the ,,auto'' when im in game. So dont complain if you cant reccomend me a custom fan curve please. :)

Regarding 'safety' leaving it alone and doing nothing is safest, the fan speed is controlled in hardware and the bios, it generally does not fail. Having a fan curve in afterburner or whatever is in software, i've had 3-4 (maybe more) occasions where the software has failed in some way and not reverted it to auto, the fan then sat at 40% (the minimum) regardless of the GPU temp (it reached >100C). So Auto is much much safer than a fan curve.

To set a fan curve, use the software, and draw the curve, what % of max speed do you want at any temp.

Oh, and being stroppy will only get people walking away and not helping at all. Kudos to Rob for hanging around.

TRENDING THREADS