How to know if a registry corruption is caused by a hardware issue?

kingmoney8133

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2013
So I built my first PC two or three weeks ago (specs below though I don't know if they're really important to solve this issue). I went through the process with absolutely no problem and everything seemed to work fine. I used it substantially without any issue in the following weeks. However, I turned it on today and restarted it while trying to update audio drivers. While shutting down, it crashed. Then, when it was trying to reboot, it kept crashing while trying to boot windows (I guess I should mention Windows 10 insisted on trying to perform an update during this process after the one time I successfully booted Windows). Windows 10 traced this back to a corrupted registry, and would not allow me to restore my system. As a result, I reinstalled Windows 10. All the drivers are in place and everything seems to working fine. However, I read that registry corruption can be caused by hardware issues, and I am now worried that this is the case (because I assume the worst for no reason). Is there any way if I can tell if this is the case or will I just have to wait to see if it happens again? Thank you!

Specs:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory

Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K3000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB Video Card

Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Monitor: Acer - GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Solution
Windows Update often causes problems and you have dealt with it well. It seems your OS problem was caused when you had drivers installed simultaneously with an Update install.Do not worry about hardware affecting your registry. The registry comes first, hardware comes second. Next time, check Update status before attempting software installs.
Windows Update often causes problems and you have dealt with it well. It seems your OS problem was caused when you had drivers installed simultaneously with an Update install.Do not worry about hardware affecting your registry. The registry comes first, hardware comes second. Next time, check Update status before attempting software installs.

Solution