[SOLVED] How to know if bios is up to date

Dec 29, 2018
I have a ryzen 2600 and an Asus rog b350 f-gaming motherboard. I heard this motherboard is old and needs a bios update, but this computer works without me updating anything. The computer does sometimes crash and reboot sometimes but I don't know if it's because of the motherboard or no. Should I return it and upgrade or is there a way to check if it's up to date and is compatible with the ryzen 2600.

Solution
Motherboard Manual

Pg 1-17 has the layout of the Front Panel connections. The only ones you should be concerned about right now are:

2-Pin PWR_SW
2-Pin RESET

Disconnect everything else from the front-panel connection and make sure these two are connected correctly.

Test your system stability. If you have just these two connected correctly and you're still suffering crashes or shut down issues, then you have a bigger problem.

-Wolf sends
Dec 29, 2018

I did just install windows and it says my bios is the same as the one on the website but i don't if it is because it does seem unstable. Would it not work if it wasnt up to date?

Dec 29, 2018

on CPU-Z it says 4207-AMD AGESA PinnadePI-AM4 1.0.0.6

Dec 29, 2018

GPU and CPU temps are below average but my main issue is that when it shuts down the power button and reset button don't work it just goes black screen and I need to flip the switch on the PSU to reset it. This is becoming a serious issue and I have no idea how to fix it.

Dec 29, 2018

Thing is I did that twice and I'm still not confident its right but I don't know what else could be wrong im thinking maybe PSU is bad or its overheating.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Motherboard Manual

Pg 1-17 has the layout of the Front Panel connections. The only ones you should be concerned about right now are:

2-Pin PWR_SW
2-Pin RESET

Disconnect everything else from the front-panel connection and make sure these two are connected correctly.

Test your system stability. If you have just these two connected correctly and you're still suffering crashes or shut down issues, then you have a bigger problem.

-Wolf sends

Solution