[SOLVED] how to know if components are damaged after short circuit

Yash_rc

Reputable
Jun 16, 2017
Well soo i was doing some pretty stupid electrical work on a diff power outlet in my room which is NOT connected to my pc, but the thing was i managed to short that power outlet , it created a plenty spark , the whole room's electricity went away , though the circuit breaker installed in our home tripped that's why it went away

i wanna know how to know if i managed to damaged any component on my pc which was connected and on to ANOTHER power outlet far away from the shorted outlet.
i know a general rule of thumb is to see if its working or not , and well it is as I'm writing this on my pc , but just to be sure i want to know if there's any damage or not

Solution
Well soo i was doing some pretty stupid electrical work on a diff power outlet in my room which is NOT connected to my pc, but the thing was i managed to short that power outlet , it created a plenty spark , the whole room's electricity went away , though the circuit breaker installed in our home tripped that's why it went away

i wanna know how to know if i managed to damaged any component on my pc which was connected and on to ANOTHER power outlet far away from the shorted outlet.
i know a general rule of thumb is to see if its working or not , and well it is as I'm writing this on my pc , but just to be sure i want to know if there's any damage or not
I don't think so, if anything gets damaged, it would be because of...

I don't think so, if anything gets damaged, it would be because of overvolting not because power went out.

Reactions: Yash_rc
Solution

Yash_rc

Reputable
Jun 16, 2017
I don't think so, if anything gets damaged, it would be because of overvolting not because power went out.
i think you didnt get me , it went out because of an overvolt on a different power outlet in the same room where my pc sits , basically i have my pc connected to a whole other power outlet and the short circuit was on whole another outlet but since they were in the same room and the whole rooms electricity went off im kinda concerned , even though my pc is still working ,but still for a safe side .

Last edited:
i think you didnt get me , it went out because of an overvolt on a different power outlet in the same room where my pc sits , basically i have my pc connected to a whole other power outlet and the short circuit was on whole another outlet but since they were in the same room and the whole rooms electricity went off im kinda concerned , even though my pc is still working ,but still for a safe side .
Fuses don't trip because overVOLT but only because of too much power (Amps) going thru it or short.

TRENDING THREADS