[SOLVED] how to know if Qos is working after I enabled it?

maenabughazaleh

Commendable
May 27, 2018
Hello,
I recently activated QoS on my Tp-link router and managed to get the ports i wanted and set a static IP and everything went smooth and fine, now how do i know is the service is actually working?
is there a "port tester" or some kind of tool to check if the service is working fine?
Thanks!

Solution
No way to say for sure QoS has way to many options. It really depends on what exactly your configured.

QoS in general is not needed unless you are using 100% of your bandwidth. In most cases it will do nothing if you are not at 100%. Now if you artificially restricted bandwidth to less than your maximum that would take effect when it hits those limits.

To actually test it you would have to find a way to overload the connection. You would then see if the traffic that you set QoS for got the amount of bandwidth you configured.
No way to say for sure QoS has way to many options. It really depends on what exactly your configured.

QoS in general is not needed unless you are using 100% of your bandwidth. In most cases it will do nothing if you are not at 100%. Now if you artificially restricted bandwidth to less than your maximum that would take effect when it hits those limits.

To actually test it you would have to find a way to overload the connection. You would then see if the traffic that you set QoS for got the amount of bandwidth you configured.

Solution