Question How to know if the graphics card works properly? Cant play video games...

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, how do i know if graphics card works properly?
My problem is i cant play games:
I formated the computer, I then installed the latest graphics card drivers, I installed fortnite and the game was crashing. And I had these errors: video_scheduler_internal_error, then system_ service_exception.
Then formated. I installed Call of duty: WW2 and Black ops 3 and dxgi_error_device_reset error came out, then dxgi_error_device_hung.
Then installed Battlefield 1 and game freezes before entering campaign mode and gives me this error: . 750 ti already has more than 2GB memory.
Edit: previuously i had directx 12(10.00.17763.0001) now with windows update it updated in 10.00.18362.0267, Overlocking graphics card default is in auto(as i understand it is disabled overlocking graphics card), the opposite of manual(mode, to overlock, right? ).

I've done stress test for graphics card with programs like FurMark and Heaven & Valley Benchmarks (Unigine) and ended up to the end.
Also in the program Who Crashed did not show me any error when crashing the game (to see more detailed errors).

I tried to solve everything I found on the web (changing GPU settings, disk checkup, memory check, Disable the sound card, remove pairs of RAM sticks, update directx). Or maybe the graphics card is so. What should I do?

Nvidia GTX 750 ti
Intel i5 6500
8GB Ram
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B150M-HD3-CF
Monitor 21.5 inch (1920x1080)

Last edited:
Judging by the GK106 die, this "750TI" is based on the Kepler architecture and it architecturally is a GTX600 series card. This is where the K comes from in GK106. A legitimate 750ti is based on the original Maxwell architecture, not kepler.

So what the company did is took an older card like a 650ti or GT740 and reprogrammed it to look like a 750ti. Likely it actually doesnt have 2gb Vram even though its designed to look like it does, so that's where the error comes from...

This is not a 750ti and likely not even a GTX7xx GPU.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019
When did you buy this?

I would go to the store and tell them the graphics card is fake and show them the GPU-z screenshots.

If they reject your return, try to reject the payment on the credit card.
My brother bought this pc from local shop in cash, but anyway i will ask for refund.
Thanks you all for your help. i havent imagened that they have selled hardware in lower quality and not something i asked for.

Well, there is a chance they might not have known the card was fake either as it was cheap and showed up as a 750ti at first glance.

Good Luck!

Oh, BTW, you may be able to flash the card to turn it into a real GTX650ti or whatever it turns out to be. You would have to take the cooler off to see what it says on the die and then look up a VBIOS for that card.

This can damage your card or may not work at all. Definitely, dont do anything until you talk to the company.

Jul 29, 2019
Now i found the warranty and thank god it has not expired but it says just "(i5 6500/8GB RAM DDR4/ HDD 1TB/ VGA 750 49412 2)" is the same as GTX 750 ti as it was intended to be displayed on GPU-Z and speccy?

Last edited:
I searched for that name in bold.

A whole assortment of graphics cards come up but the majority are GTX750tis with the same cooler. I have seen plenty of scam cards with this identical cooler.

All have brand names completely incomprehensible to me as I dont speak any Asian languages.

Jul 29, 2019
I found the warranty it has passed 30 months and the warranty is 36 months but i thought will they sue me because i have pirated windows 10 and before format i had virus from installed software which says on the warranty it will be excluded to repair defects. LOL

I better dont ask for refund.

Last edited:
I'd format my pc before sending it back anyhow. Maybe leave an unactivated fresh copy of windows on it so they can boot it for testing.

Yea they probably went bankrupt for selling scammy pcs.

If you cant claim it under warranty, id try to reflash the card so it performs like a legit card.
Can you take the cooler off and see what it says on the die?

Jul 29, 2019
I'd format my pc before sending it back anyhow. Maybe leave an unactivated fresh copy of windows on it so they can boot it for testing.

Yea they probably went bankrupt for selling scammy pcs.

If you cant claim it under warranty, id try to reflash the card so it performs like a legit card.
Can you take the cooler off and see what it says on the die?
Thanks a lot, it give it a try.

My bet is on the GPU being either a

GK106-200-A1 GTX645
or
GK106-220-A1 GTX 650ti

Both of these GPUs only have 1gb vram, hence the vram error.

Both would be worth reflashing into a legitimate card as they will perform fine at reduced settings in modern games.