How to know the maximum capacity of laptop ?

capaill

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
As it's in the storage - hard drive section of the forum, let's assume he meant hard drive capacity.

Open Windows Explorer, right click on your C drive (assuming that's your only hard drive), select Properties. Look at the pretty picture in the General tab. :)

Welcome to the forums!

Well, seeing as the largest 2.5" (laptop size) currently available is 1TB, you could logically assume that 1TB is the most storage space most laptops could carry.
If you are more forward looking, you can boot from either a 2.19TB drive or 9.4ZB drive depending on weither your laptop has a BIOS or UEFI.

Oh, it is common for people without knowledge on computer to not know the difference between memory (ram) and HDD and they do post it on the wrong forum.

I think everyone who replied to this thread have the knowledge to answer MKHALIL's question whether he/she is asking a ram or HDD question.

mkhalil

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Thank all for replies, but i didnot reach my question's answer, I asked about maximum storage 'storage capacity'not ram at all, this before buying, must I check all sizes of hdd's? , I think this depending on bios of the machine, but cannot see it,.. however i thank all replies i cannot determine the max. hdd

mkhalil

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
by the way I forgot telling you my laptop, it's toshiba satellite A100, sata 100gb, ddr2 1gb, cpu core duo,cash L1 64KB L2 2MB, by searching the net i found it can take hdd up to 500gb only not up to 1 or 2 TB. thank you

With a little bit of searching, I have found that your laptop is based on an Intel 945PM/ICH7M platform.
Therefore your SATA controller will support up to a 2.19GB 2.5" hard drive (currently the largest 2.5" drive made is 1GB) and a maximuim of 4GB DDR2 667MHz.

mkhalil

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011

Thank u ,I think you main 2.19TB, in fact my usage about 250gb to 500gb no more, i will try this sizes.

dontknownotsure

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011

dont fotget sata hdd adapter that goes in place of cd drive