Question How to know what files I had in a USB key I lost?

parisix78

Reputable
Dec 5, 2017
Hello everyone,
So, I recently lost my USB key, but I don't remember if I had any important files in it. I was wondering if there was any way to know what files there was inside the USB key, even without knowing what is inside those files, it would already help a lot. I thought that maybe with the event viewer of Windows I could see something, but I don't really know.
Thanks a lot!

Hi in the past i have used a free program called Recuva to get back things that accidently got deleted.

I dont think will work for you though because unless somebody tells me i am wrong i have always been under the impression that if you delete or loose something on a usb they are gone for good.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello everyone,
So, I recently lost my USB key, but I don't remember if I had any important files in it. I was wondering if there was any way to know what files there was inside the USB key, even without knowing what is inside those files, it would already help a lot. I thought that maybe with the event viewer of Windows I could see something, but I don't really know.
Thanks a lot!
You lost the physical device?

You're out of luck.