How to LAN & WAN on same computer

Kallapiran

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Hi There,

I want to access my office LAN network and also using Wireless I want to access the internet on my desktop. The thing is i burchased the USB wireless receiver. I confiured both on my computer initially it was working fine. But now when i connect my office network i was not able to access the internet. So what i will do is i will disconnect my office network (LAN Connection) When i access the internet and i will disconnect my internet if i want to access my office network. I want to know how do i need to configure the Network connection, So that i can access both Office network and the LAN Connection at the same with out any problem. Please help to get rid off this problem.

FYI

My office IP Address : 192.168.0.8
My Default gateway address : 192.168.0.1
This is the picture for your information.

Thanks in advance for helping me...

umm@gumma

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Are you just asking if you can push internet traffic through your local gateway and not your office router when connected remotely?

Kallapiran

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012

Sorry i can't understand your question.

umm@gumma

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
lol, thats what i was thinking...

How do you connect to your "office LAN network"? Are you physically there, or do you use a program to get there? Maybe something called vpn, or are you just always connected no matter where you go?

Kallapiran

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012

Sorry for the late reply......

My system was directly connected to the office LAN Network, In other word i am physically located in my office....

umm@gumma

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Theres only a few more things I need to understand to give you some answers...

Why do you need to connect wirelessly to get get to the internet when your physically plugged in? Is there no wan connection at your corporate location?

Where does your wireless internet come from? Is it an aircard (ie; 3g/4g) or are you connecting to a wireless router that your company operates or have you plugged in a wireless router that you own into your office ethernet drop?

umm@gumma

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
I have confidence in your judgment .

I am assuming by that you mean:

This guy may or may not be trying to skirt his corporate internet policy and the questions that I am asking are trying to reveal that before I advise him on a solution via loopback acl to push http https traffic to his wireless adapter and all other traffic to the local lan?

Yea, no need to get anyone fired.