how to link up 2 rubbish computers to make 1 better 1

Chris609

Honorable
Apr 19, 2014
Hi i have just bought a old windows 98se computer off my uncle and he says I can have another one when he gets it out the lôft and I was wondering if I can link them both together ??

Solution
I have experience with "harvesting" junked computers and combining their best/highest performing parts into machines that can tackle modern workloads. So I can't speak for the practicality of linking them like you say, but it is possible to merge them which I urge you to try if at least to get the learning experience of doing so.
G

You can link them via LAN for communication (if they have network cards), but there really isn't any consumer software available that would allow you to make them work as one. The best thing to do is to sell them both, if you can, save some money and invest it all in a modern setup.

anxiousinfusion

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
I have experience with "harvesting" junked computers and combining their best/highest performing parts into machines that can tackle modern workloads. So I can't speak for the practicality of linking them like you say, but it is possible to merge them which I urge you to try if at least to get the learning experience of doing so.

Solution