How to lock console without Windows Logo Key and without a..

Hi,

I have WinXP, old-style keyboard and non-domain environment.
How I can lock console without Windows Logo Key and without access to
task manager?
Is there some kbd shortcut other than <WinLogoKey> + <L> ?
Or how I can change <Alt><Ctrl><Del> sequence on non-domain WinXP
computer to bring up security screen?

Thanks.

"Vlad Bernstein" <bwb1999@yahoo.com>
wrote in news:1a18cfc8.0410151211.409c136d@posting.google.com:
> Hi,
>
> I have WinXP, old-style keyboard and non-domain environment.
> How I can lock console without Windows Logo Key and without access to
> task manager?
> Is there some kbd shortcut other than <WinLogoKey> + <L> ?
> Or how I can change <Alt><Ctrl><Del> sequence on non-domain WinXP
> computer to bring up security screen?
>
> Thanks.

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

Vlad Bernstein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have WinXP, old-style keyboard and non-domain environment.
> How I can lock console without Windows Logo Key and without access to
> task manager?
> Is there some kbd shortcut other than <WinLogoKey> + <L> ?
> Or how I can change <Alt><Ctrl><Del> sequence on non-domain WinXP
> computer to bring up security screen?

You don't need to be on a domain to have CTL-ALT-DEL bring up the
windows security window. But you do have to disable fast user
switching. To disable fast user switching, open User Accounts in the
Control Panel. Click on "Change the way users log on or off." Clear
the check from "use the welcome screen..." Click OK to have the changes
take effect.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows