How to lower fsb/cpu multiplier?

d34th

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2006
Hey, just bought a new rig (going to add it to sig once I get around to making one). Anyways, my beef or problem is that I can't find an option to lower the fsb or cpu multiplier (I am not sure if they're the same thing or not). I have the P5N-32 SE SLI DELUXE motherboard by ASUS. I have updated to the latest bios revision and have properly installed all hardware/software accordingly. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I would like an overclock "over" %20. If anyone has any idea or ways to change the bios to a modded one so I can lower the multiplier, I would gladly try and do so if it's guaranteed not to screw up my windoze xp pro edition. Thanks for your time and consideration. KUDOS!

:?:

Hey, just bought a new rig (going to add it to sig once I get around to making one). Anyways, my beef or problem is that I can't find an option to lower the fsb or cpu multiplier (I am not sure if they're the same thing or not). I have the P5N-32 SE SLI DELUXE motherboard by ASUS. I have updated to the latest bios revision and have properly installed all hardware/software accordingly. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I would like an overclock "over" %20. If anyone has any idea or ways to change the bios to a modded one so I can lower the multiplier, I would gladly try and do so if it's guaranteed not to screw up my windoze xp pro edition. Thanks for your time and consideration. KUDOS!

:?:

I am not very familiar with your motherboard or bios, but usually to get manual settings to appear, you must turn-off or change the configuration settings for your CPU from "Auto" to "Manual". When I do this in my BIOS on my MSI board, a menu appears for the FSB and the Multiplier settings. Same for the memory. The manual settings will not appear until you switch from auto to manual.

d34th

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2006
Unfortunatley the manual doesn't explain how to lower the fsb multiplier to get a higher overclock. Thanks though for the suggestions, they are very much appreciated everyone! Is there a modded bios possibly for this motherboard, or am I s.o.l until ASUS releases a new bios?

PorkyTheClown

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Just for kicks, the default FSB is 266 (quad pumped). So 266 x 9 = 2.394 ghz. Thats all you have to do to find an overclock. Just multiply your fsb by your processor's multiplier. Raise the FSB to overclock.