How to lower ping?

Oliver7073

Commendable
May 29, 2016
Long ago, I used to have very good ping with no problems, somehow I keep getting bad ping for league of legends and CS:GO, its mostly not playable anymore because of my high ping. Every single time I play, I close out of everything that uses internet and did most of the things that people say to lower ping and it doesn't really work for me.

Solution
Sounds like you have 2 issues then. The WiFi, issues like yours is why it is recommended to not use WiFi to play games, and the second is it sounds like you have capacity issues if someone watching a video can cause lag in the game.

Using a ethernet cable fixes the first but the second can only really be fixed with money. You need you own connection pretty much unless you can tell everyone else in your house not to use the internet when you are playing games.
Are you on wifi?

Also, LoL relocated servers from west coast to Chicago a while back.

When you hit ctrl+shift+escape, and go to the performance tab, do you see any huge spikes in the category underneath 'Disk' when you're not running anything?

Oliver7073

Commendable
May 29, 2016

Not a lot

Oliver7073

Commendable
May 29, 2016

I'm using wifi, yesterday I tried using Ethernet and it made my ping and my home internet worse when my dad watched a video or trying to do something with another devise at home. Besides that, I got stable good ping

Sounds like you have 2 issues then. The WiFi, issues like yours is why it is recommended to not use WiFi to play games, and the second is it sounds like you have capacity issues if someone watching a video can cause lag in the game.

Using a ethernet cable fixes the first but the second can only really be fixed with money. You need you own connection pretty much unless you can tell everyone else in your house not to use the internet when you are playing games.

Solution