Question How to lower Temps for Razer Blade Advanced 15 Model

Jan 19, 2022
Hello, friends, I have had my laptop for a little over a year now and it has never run well in Video Games. I have done enormous amounts of work on it myself to be able to run consistently but to no avail.

I have narrowed the issue down to my cpu overheating and throttling anytime I do literally any game on any graphics. It goes 95C-100C while gaming with a cooling pad on a desk. I have used Throttlestop and it has not helped as far, as I can tell Razer locks you out from and undervolting or messing with fivr settings with the newer models. I have personally cleaned every ounce of dust from the fans and "grill" as well. The Fans also go full tilt with no improvement to temps.

To be honest I have been extremely sad having my computer running an unstable fps of 30 on literally every game I own and I am desperate for any help. Thank you so much for any help at all I will be eternally grateful. Let me know if there is anything more I can post.

Specs

GPU Nividia RTX 2080 Super with Max Q design
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Most Recent Nividia Drivers
Most Recent Windows Install

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2022
It’s not ideal but if you cannot undervolt you can try reducing the boost speed of the cpu with ThrottleStop. It is sacrificing performance but you are sacrificing more from thermal throttling.
Yeah I tried that it still throttles, I even limited boot up with 2 cores it still overheats while disabling turbo, thank you for responding, I'm out of ideas.