How to maintain a fast PC

EvilHamster

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2012
Hi all. (Yes I know this thread has been asked a million times, in a million forums :), but I thought that the world needed 1 more :pt1cable: ).

Anyways, I just reformated my Hdd after around 2 years and its just so smooth and fast. Nice bootup speed, I no longer dredd a restart :).
Basically, it reminded me how a good PC should run.

So I was hoping to get a few good tipps on how to maintain that speed. (My boot up speed was down to like 2 min after i logged in, that I could actually use stuff, now its like 2 sec.)

I am not a complete newbe, so I do know the basics of defragging and basically having a good antivir (I use avast) at all times and updating all the major stuff like java, using CCcleaner, using a proper uninstaller ( I use Advanced unistaller Pro), not having a ton of useless programms in the start up ( I only have avast, and steam, and the autoupdater for things like adobe, java, windows etc. you know the major stuff), always turning off windows, and not unplugging or some crap like that, having a relatively empty main drive ( make sure its never more then 50% full, I use my secondary HDD for storage).

Non the less, my PC's always slow down slowly but steadily. Is that just the way it always is? Is there nothing I can do?
What do you guys do to make sure your PC stays as smooth as a new one? Special oils? ointments? Magic wands?

(serisously though) can you guys give some nice tipps?
P.S. I have fast boot on in Bios and I make prioritise defrags, to increase my boot up and response speed as well.

Cheers all.

EvilHamster

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2012

I will give it a shot. I am usually a bit shy on using tuneup software, but I guess I can try one.

EDIT: What kind of a crap software did you recomend me?
I installed it and after a reboot (for some .net framwork updates) my PC is slowed down to a crawl.

I used a system restore, I hope it got rid of that crappy maleware. Pff...

EvilHamster

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2012

well I am sorry for the harsh replay too. I guess I was just upset. But bad manners.

Anyways, I didnt nothing out of the ordinary, I just ticked all on, in the first screen, and let it run, then i let it fix it all. So i restarted and bam, that thing was slowed to a crawl :/. Even ctrl alt del didnt work immediatly and took several seconds, and end process also took some time. Finally I was able to close and I made a full uninstall bascially. Pc works fine now... Oh well.

Btw. if I may ask. Do you have your current OS for a long time? (I.e. without formating) and if so, how long does it take to boot? Is it still comparable to how it was when you first installed?

Cheers and sry for the rage post.