[SOLVED] How to maintain a wired keyboard ?

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
I use a keyboard I connect with a usb right into my computer. I had trouble with Bluetooth connections and find the current keyboard to be useful. I would like tips on how to clean it properly and what to check for if the cord starts to malfunction.

Solution
Get a brush and a keyboard cover, I just use a microfiber towel and cover my keyboards to keep them mostly dust free. A brush works well to get stuff out of the keyboard, and works just as well for a computer or car interior so handy to keep around. Keycaps won't really get dirty much as long as your hands are clean, I have had several of my keyboards for a year or longer and the keycaps are still very clean.
I use a keyboard I connect with a usb right into my computer. I had trouble with Bluetooth connections and find the current keyboard to be useful. I would like tips on how to clean it properly and what to check for if the cord starts to malfunction.
First, no tugging on the cord, get an extension if needed just let it stay loose. Cleaning and such same as any KB, wireless or not. Use some mild detergent or liquid diluted in a lot of water and just wet piece of cloth to clean buttons. I also found that screen cleaners work good. For dust and such, weak vacuum cleaner works fine, there's tons of it just for such things available. Too strong Vacuum cleaner like one for floors may pull buttons out.

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
First, no tugging on the cord, get an extension if needed just let it stay loose. Cleaning and such same as any KB, wireless or not. Use some mild detergent or liquid diluted in a lot of water and just wet piece of cloth to clean buttons. I also found that screen cleaners work good. For dust and such, weak vacuum cleaner works fine, there's tons of it just for such things available. Too strong Vacuum cleaner like one for floors may pull buttons out.
Thank you for that, what detergent do you use?

Get a brush and a keyboard cover, I just use a microfiber towel and cover my keyboards to keep them mostly dust free. A brush works well to get stuff out of the keyboard, and works just as well for a computer or car interior so handy to keep around. Keycaps won't really get dirty much as long as your hands are clean, I have had several of my keyboards for a year or longer and the keycaps are still very clean.

Solution

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Turn it on over been banging it on the table (done that for years in a gentle way) and canned air. To clean keys I just use a lysol wipe.
(while the PC is off)
I don't think I have ever had a wired keyboard go bad..........don't cut the USB cable and you should be fine.