Question 4 x DDR5 RAM sticks are causing stability issues ?

Oct 20, 2024
Specs:

• Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WiFi
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
  • RAM: 128GB (4 x 32GB) Team Group DDR5, rated at 5600MHz, currently running at 3600MHz
  • Power Supply: 750W
  • BIOS Version: Updated to the latest (7D75v13)

Problem:I’m encountering stability issues when running 128GB of DDR5 RAM with all four sticks installed. The system lags once RAM usage crosses around 60%. Even though the RAM is rated for 5600MHz, it’s currently clocked at 3600MHz due to the 4-stick configuration.

Interestingly, the system runs smoothly with 64GB (just 2 sticks installed), even at 99% memory usage. This suggests there’s no issue with the RAM itself or other components.

Request for Help:As a newcomer to fine-tuning BIOS settings, I’m looking for advice on how to stabilize this 128GB RAM setup. What specific BIOS settings should I tweak to make it work? I've heard that things like DRAM voltage, frequency adjustments, and SOC voltage might help. Are there any EXPO/XMP profiles or other settings I should focus on?

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, especially if you’ve dealt with large RAM configurations on a similar build.

TRENDING THREADS