How to make a bootable installer usb using cmd via system recovery options

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
hello, how do i make a bootable installer using cmd via the system recovery options ? now the reason why cmd because i cant get into windows and the only way is to repair or reinstall using the cd because repairing using the system recovery options doesnt work so ill need a new installer BUT i dont have the disk right now and i have the files of the installer backed up from the second harddrive. its already extracted from the .iso format so inshort its ready to be made to a bootable device.. now the question is how am i going to make a bootable usb installer from the other hdd to the usb using cmd ( i know exactly where the folder and the installer files are kept but the problem is that the drive letters are now mixed up. the format should be ;HDD 1 PARTITION0 DRIVE C:System (OS) ;HDD 1 PARTITION1 DRIVE D:Storage 1 ;HDD 2 PARTITION2 DRIVE F: Storage 2 , ;HDD 2 PARTITION3 DRIVE G: STORAGE 3 Now when i go to system recovery options it says that the windows 7 local disk drive is on drive letter f when it should be drive letter c

combinebasic

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015

Ok try this one Alberto if this ok for you: http://www.howtogeek.com/136987/how-to-create-a-bootable-dos-usb-drive/