[SOLVED] How to make a desktop act like a laptop

Feb 7, 2020
Hi all, i am trying to figure out a solution (if there is one) to a problem and i need your help guys.
I am using a program that works flawlessly only on laptops (that is the intention of the creator,to work only on laptops). When i connect an HDMI cable so that i can use my 40" tv , i have a black screen. When i stop the program everything is ok, I see my desktop on tv. I installed it on my desktop too but it did not run. Now,is there a way so that my desktop pc runs like a laptop.Is that possible. What does the program "see" and gives permissions to work.

Solution
Well,it's a program from a cable tv provider in my country. The program works only on laptops, Android and ios . When on laptop or android tablet it recognises screen mirroring or HDMI connection and stops broadcast. The only way it could work is to make my desktop act like a laptop.
That all depends on what this application is looking for in "laptop".
How does it make that determination?

For instance, an All In One system. Basically a laptop motherboard, in the same case as the monitor.
Does that count?

Or many low cost "desktops", which are basically tiny laptop things in a small square desktop shaped case.
Feb 7, 2020
Well,it's a program from a cable tv provider in my country. The program works only on laptops, Android and ios . When on laptop or android tablet it recognises screen mirroring or HDMI connection and stops broadcast. The only way it could work is to make my desktop act like a laptop.

USAFRet

Titan
That all depends on what this application is looking for in "laptop".
How does it make that determination?

For instance, an All In One system. Basically a laptop motherboard, in the same case as the monitor.
Does that count?

Or many low cost "desktops", which are basically tiny laptop things in a small square desktop shaped case.

Solution