[SOLVED] how to make a used you bought secure (in case a malware was installed on it)

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
HI
Yes most peple are honest but let take the case of a bad intented seller

if you could refer to all questions it would be appreciated

1i think he can hide a malware inside the windows10 oem is that true?

2 if it is possible is there a way i can detect if it is pure win 10 or a win10 containing walware?

3 i heard that windows 10 comes with a hiden reset fonction, if the win10 has malware and you do the hidden reset fonction , does that braing a new pure win10 or just the same win10 eith malware?

4 i dont have a win10 licence but i did buy a win 7 ultimate back in the days and still have the dvd. is the free upgrade from win 7 to win10 fonctional?

5 is there a way to have a pure win10 when buying a win10 with malware without me using my licence win 7?

Solution
so nowadays can i expect the sellerjoe blow or seller refurbished to give me a code or not
Just like the physical parts of a system, the OS license needs to be transferred.

You can only 'expect' what is in the sale/contract.
You ask for it. If he balks, push the issue or walk away.

In any case, when YOU get a used system, you personally need to do a full wipe and reinstall.
No matter if the seller says he did it 5 minutes ago.
YOU do it, from media YOU created.

This verifies your install, and it verifies whatever license key he gave you.

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
1)how do you know is oem?
how do you know where he get the installation source?

2)not really

3)again, it depend on the source.

4)doesn't hurt to try.

5)what?
for 1 the thing is i will not know what is the source of win 10 . but the never give win10 keyscode with it.

for 3 , are you saying a win10 with malware in it that we use the hidden rest fonction would just bring back the same win10 with malware?

-?To be sure i have a safe win10, how to , what to do to pass from the win10 with malware in it to a win10 that has no malware.

USAFRet

Titan
Boot from a USB installer that YOU make.

Full wipe and reinstall.
Not reset, not restore....delete ALL existing partitions and continue on.

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
Boot from a USB installer that YOU make.

Full wipe and reinstall.
Not reset, not restore....delete ALL existing partitions and continue on.

HI
ok last time i bought a pc the guy did not want to give the licence of windows with it , he answered it was an oem so he could not give the code to me . is this true or i have been bs ed?

and wich freeware does a good wipe? thx

USAFRet

Titan
HI
ok last time i bought a pc the guy did not want to give the licence of windows with it , he answered it was an oem so he could not give the code to me . is this true or i have been bs ed?

and wich freeware does a good wipe? thx
An OEM license belongs to the first system/motherboard it was installed on. Not the person.

Windows 10 has changed the "OEM" landscape significantly.
The only "OEM" thing is a preinstalled OS from somewhere like Dell or HP.

There is no "OEM" you can buy. People still advertise that, but they are wrong.

Any other license, if you do not get the actual license key, you did not buy a valid OS license.

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
An OEM license belongs to the first system/motherboard it was installed on. Not the person.

Windows 10 has changed the "OEM" landscape significantly.
The only "OEM" thing is a preinstalled OS from somewhere like Dell or HP.

There is no "OEM" you can buy. People still advertise that, but they are wrong.

Any other license, if you do not get the actual license key, you did not buy a valid OS license.
so nowadays can i expect the sellerjoe blow or seller refurbished to give me a code or not

USAFRet

Titan
Just like the physical parts of a system, the OS license needs to be transferred.

You can only 'expect' what is in the sale/contract.
You ask for it. If he balks, push the issue or walk away.

In any case, when YOU get a used system, you personally need to do a full wipe and reinstall.
No matter if the seller says he did it 5 minutes ago.
YOU do it, from media YOU created.

This verifies your install, and it verifies whatever license key he gave you.

Solution