How to make adapters show up?

sebistrong

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
Hi, a few hours ago I deleted some registry files from Hamachi because I couldn't install a new version and I think I accidentally deleted some adapters related files because after I closed the Registry Editor I noticed that a red mark was on the network connectivity icon in the right bottom corner and that in Network and Sharing Center, in Change Adapter Settings there was no adapter showing.
There were two of them as I remember: Local Area Connection and Wireless Network Connection. I tried restarting PC, reinstalling network drivers, disabling and enabling them from Device Manager but no result.
In case if needed more information:
- I got an Asus k55vd with Windows 7, 64-bit.
- System restore is disabled and I don't have any backup.
- In Device Manager, in Network Adapters, near the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller's icon is an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle. When I double click the name, it says: "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)".
- In CMD when I type "ipconfig /all", no adapters show up.
- I tried System File Checker everything was ok.
Also, just in case, sorry for my bad English and I hope you can help me.

Fits right in with what an old Master Chief said to me once: "If you can't teach it, don't touch it."

May need to reset Winsock and TCP/IP stacks as well.

sebistrong

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
Have you tried downloading and installing the relevant drivers?

Yes I did, but no effect.

May need to reset Winsock and TCP/IP stacks as well.

How do I do that?

EDIT: Googled it, I ran CMD as administrator, I wrote "netsh int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt", I restarted the PC, ran CMD as administrator again and wrote "reset". The result was: "Invalid parameter(s)" on the first line and on the second "RESET < SESSION >". I checked for the resetlog.txt and it wasn't created..