Question How to make an m.2 nvme ssd work with P67 Msi Marshal mobo

Dec 21, 2019
Greetings!

I have an older system found here
Now the old mobo P67 1155 MSI Big Bang Marshal doesn't really support nvme m.2 ssds but i would like to replace the verizon 120gb with a Samsung 970 Evo Plus of 1tb i just bought, in order to prepare for a new system (55 E9 4k tv also purchased and now i'm changing the gtx570 with an rtx 2080super msi, going maybe on an AMD build with 3950x)

I'd prefer to either use the EVO+ as main SSD with OS or at least storage for apps and games running point. And i have two questions :
1) i need to buy an Pci-E adaptor to make it work, do you have recommendations ? (i found this on a german site)
I'd prefer Amazon tbh, and someone to have a look at the motherboard - Linus review here and check exactly the best type of adapter to use.

2) I understand that i need to mod-flash the BIOS to "see" the nvme drive for OS from this thread .
via special mainboard BIOS EFI module
or without modding, choosing the lover-EFI Bootloader Method"
Both seem a bit complicated, with the first one possibly bricking the motherboard. I might just let go of the OS idea, will Win10 simply see the nvme m.2 ssd as a regular drive and access it for apps and games, at super-speeds? (gen2 max tops?)

But it's a lot to take in for someone new to this, I would like to have some hands-on experience from the people that already did this ?

Thank you for your generous help, Happy Holidays!
H

p.s. Since i'm also buying an rtx 2080 super, there won't be any issues to simply replace the 570 with it, right? Power supply seems to be sufficient.

Dec 21, 2019
Thanks a lot USAFRet, i'll do just that. The TV and graphics card have put me in the red already, i only green-lighted the EVO+ cause it was a decent deal at around 160$ (after vat deduction). I need a bit more time to upgrade the system into this AMD Build, when the EVO+ will take the spot for OS and apps and a diff. ssd will handle gaming.
But i'm still considering options.
Thanks, once again,
Merry Christmas :)