Question How to make fans slow down when not under stress.

Newbypcgamer

Honorable
Mar 27, 2014
I have recently brought a new pc which has an i9 9900k. I am not looking to OC currently. For cooling I have a Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R as well as 2x 200mm front case fans. When starting the system the fans run quiet. When I start a game they ramp up and become quite loud which I don't mind as I suppose they are doing their job. After I shut the game down the fans keep going at their higher speed for hours, even after the cpu has cooled back down. Is there a way to have the fans reset to non stress levels that I see on start up when the cpu temp has cooled down?

I have set a custom profile in qfan and fans are set to pwm in bios.

Thanks in advance.

System:

CPU - Core i9 9900k
Cooler - Master MasterLiquid ML240R Addressable RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard - ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming MB
Memory - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB), PC4-24000 (3000MHz) DDR4
Boot Drive - Samsung 500GB SSD, 860 EVO Series, M.2 (SATA)
Case - Cooler Master MasterCase H500M Iron Grey ATX Case, 2x 200mm Addressable RGB / 1x 140mm Fan
Power Supply - be quiet! Pure Power 11 700W CM Power Supply, 80PLUS Gold, Modular Flat Cables
GPU - GTX 1080

Newbypcgamer

Honorable
Mar 27, 2014
Are the fans actually pwm? Pwm runs a constant 12v, so a 3pin fan will run at max speeds. They should slow down automatically, when the temp (liquid or cpu, depending on how its set) lowers.
Thanks for your reply.
The cpu cooler has 4 pin PWM connection while the AIO pump is 3 pin.
The 2x 200mm case fans are 3 pin although I have them set to PWM in bios.
None of the fans run at max from launch they only go to max as soon as I start a game then stay there.