[SOLVED] How to make HDMI(PS5) to take over Display Port(PC) connection for my monitor?

rus4u

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2014
Hi all,

I have my computer connected to my Acer ConceptD CP3271KP monitor with Display Port cable and my PS5 connected with HDMI cable.

At the moment if I have my computer on and switch on my PlayStation the Playstation connection won't take over PC so I need to change the input on the monitor manually from DP1 to HDMI1.

Is it possible to make my monitor to switch to my PS5 automatically as I switch it on while my PC is on? or use some software to do that?

Thanks

Solution
Hi all,

I have my computer connected to my Acer ConceptD CP3271KP monitor with Display Port cable and my PS5 connected with HDMI cable.

At the moment if I have my computer on and switch on my PlayStation the Playstation connection won't take over PC so I need to change the input on the monitor manually from DP1 to HDMI1.

Is it possible to make my monitor to switch to my PS5 automatically as I switch it on while my PC is on? or use some software to do that?

Thanks
And then presumably automagically go back to HDMI when not PS5?

This can happen only if YOUR monitor has some sort of preference or default input.

This HP, for instance:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02253197

"The monitor automatically scans the...

USAFRet

Titan
Hi all,

Thanks

This can happen only if YOUR monitor has some sort of preference or default input.

This HP, for instance:

"The monitor automatically scans the signal inputs for an active input and uses that input for the display. If two inputs are active, the monitor will display the default input source. If the default source is not an active input, then the monitor will display the other input if it is active. "

Reactions: rus4u
Solution

rus4u

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2014

This HP, for instance:

"The monitor automatically scans the signal inputs for an active input and uses that input for the display. If two inputs are active, the monitor will display the default input source. If the default source is not an active input, then the monitor will display the other input if it is active. "

Yes, it automatically goes to my PC if PS5 is switched off.

MY default Input is DP1 ( for my PC ) and it also Auto Source is on.

Cannon find any other settings for this on my monitor

D

Deleted member 14196

If you used HDMI from your monitor to your PC you could get an HDMI switch that would automatically switch