How to make money

magicman05

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Now this isent really a hardware/software question, but i cant find anywhere else to post this.
i am 11 years old and i am saving up for a gaming computer. i need a way to make money. and sadly i cant do yard work or sell candy at school. i asked my dad if i could do things around the neighborhood and he said no :(. and i am already selling candy at school

Solution
G
You gotta love money to attract it, money is just like a girl. All rich people know this.
Everyone has the right to live the way they want. I hope you understand this, and read some stuff about mind power.
As the Vedas say here in India "You are the creator". You can manifest and attract anything anywhere.
Real power is within you my friend, take care.
G

You gotta love money to attract it, money is just like a girl. All rich people know this.
Everyone has the right to live the way they want. I hope you understand this, and read some stuff about mind power.
As the Vedas say here in India "You are the creator". You can manifest and attract anything anywhere.
Real power is within you my friend, take care.

Solution

varun_02

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
The best way to extract money out of anyone is determination :D
Keep asking.
They may scold u , but dont forget you are doing this for your games.
Isnt it worth it?
Get on work.

WhiteSnake91

Distinguished
wow you'd figure any parent these days would applaud a kid actually looking for work when so many millions upon millions don't do anything. Keep telling him you want to work for some money and you need the experience,etc

tell him how is that bad if you work for some money for a computer? What does he have against it? Would he rather you just be a welfare bum,etc....lol

jamn805

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Find a hobby and get good at it. Once you are good enough, offer your services for a fee. I did this with filming/editing and have made great money.

BroHamBone

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Have a yard sale.... Hah! Sell your toys...Lemonade stand, make a sign and sit the corner. Sell your Pokemon cards to kids at school.

Really though, kids your age would knock on my door holding a weed eater and pulling a lawn mower asking to cut the grass. Since it's winter, I used to do it, grab a snow shovel right after it snows and offer to shovel driveways!

no offense to your parents, but if my kids want to do small jobs to make money I would let them under supervision and/or if they understand safety precautions.

shadow32

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Since its winter, shovel driveways. Try to look cute and innocent. That's what I did at the time and it always worked ;)
For spring, cut grass, yard work, watch neighbor's pets, etc. That's what I used to do

jcol87

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
tom's hardware has a side website called tell tom's that gives you points for completing surveys 1 point is 1 cnt and most srveys are 100 to 200 pts at 2000 pts u can deposit in $20 in paypal acct

r ask ur family to buy it and just dot get Christmas/bday presnts unil ur 15, figure everyone who gives u something spends 20-50 each time anyway

wernersp45

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
Don't approach live with the need to make $$$.

Get a hobby, get good at it and do it for the sake of yourself adding to the world productively. You're still young, open your mind to other possibilities, especially a world that does not need a Monetary System. This model is outdated and it's time is running out.

Find yourself, be in the "NOW".

PLUR

Dextron

Honorable
May 18, 2013
I've been in your shoes... Right now I'm 17 and I have an AWESOME gaming Pc (GTX Titan, costume-built liquid cooling circuit,etc...).

What really made for me was that I had good grades in school (sorry to get preachy...), I was always helping my parents, teachers and friends with their computer problems and I BUILT my PC.

I did a lot of research, studied up on how to do it, made sure my parents knew how much I loved knowing about PCs... I put all that I'd learned together, chose the PC I wanted to build and then I asked for the components as a birthday gift (this was my first build, not my current one).
Everyone in my family was sceptical that a 13 year old could "BUILD A PC" (none work in IT), but my parents believed in me and had a backup plan (a friend of my mom had built our previous machine) in case I couldn't do it.

In the end it worked, both my strategy and my new computer worked.

Pretty much the same happened this summer when we needed a new computer and I said I wanted to build one, to paraphrase my mom "with water in it?!". But they saw how much it mattered to my personal experience to tackle a project like this, and they let me do it - a really expensive computer; with water running inside it!!!! They feared they would end up turning their money in into 10kg of scrap metal.

But in the end they are my parents and want the best for me, it was up to me to convince them that it was an investment in my future.
I could never get an Xbox 360 or a PS3 because "those are just for playing", the gaming PC I built was an educational effort on their part.

I think you should try to get your parents to see a new PC as something that would help you be better prepared for the world.

leroi

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Here is a more concrete response to your request, which was for ways to make money.

There are many ways one can *earn* money. Making money will put you in prison, unless of course you work for the Federal Reserve.

As some noted above, find something you like to do and do it. Then, once you are good, find a way to make others want what you do.

Since that is pretty generic, here is something specific, but it is only a suggestion - a great one I think - so you will have to find another if this does not suit you.

Go here: http://www.w3schools.com/

Learn HTML5.

Practice HTML5. Do fun stuff for yourself and others. Do some free stuff for a baseball team or a neighbor’s yard sale, etc. Be creative and find ways to get some experience and reputation (via the free stuff above).

Once you feel good about it and others really like it, start selling it.

For example, yard sales. People have to advertise for those...spend money on an ad in the paper...spend money on signs, etc. You can create a yard sale template at 11yearoldjustwantstomakemoney.com (that is the domain you need to buy, or something shorter). For each yard sale, etc. just create a new internal domain, such as bobsyardsale.11yearoldjustwantstomakeoney.com.

Your template should have room for directions (google map link), dates, and maybe add pictures of some stuff. Then Bob can put a simple link in his paper ad or on the signs (this is where the shorter web address comes in).

You charge Bob $50, or $75 or $100, whatever, for the website and let him figure out how to let people know. Alternatively, you could find out how much it costs to put ads in the papers around where you live and add that to the price you charge Bob. $50 for website and $25 for ad in paper. You could add signs too - I am sure there is a local sign shop. If the sign shop charges $30 for the number of signs Bob wants, add that to the price, and you add a few bucks for yourself for getting the signs.

If you cannot mow lawns or shovel snow, create a local website to connect people who want their lawns mowed with kids/people who want to mow lawns. Charge the mowers/shovelers $10/month to list their name.

The point of my suggestion is, as others noted above, once you find something you like to do, can do it well, and can find people that want what you can do, money is no longer a problem.

EllisDemonSlayer

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
i was going to say get a job but your 11 and i was thinking d*mn when i was 11 i would just sit and watch cartoons and just try to buy stuff with my parents money and not my own because i had none