Question How to make my 2nd monitor use the iGPU ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2022
Hi so Im currently running a Ryzen 7 5700G with an iGPU on it, and an RTX 3060 GPU.
Is it possible for me to plug my 2nd monitor in to the the motherboard and let the iGPU run it?
If so, can anyone give me a guide on how to possibly set it up? Thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Monitors: make and model?

Does the 2nd monitor work if it is installed and configured to be the primary monitor via the GPU? Just a test to ensure that the 2nd monitor is working and what configuration options are available.

Otherwise for the most part you give it a try by connecting the 2nd monitor to the iGPU and determine if the monitor presents an image.

If no image then work though the applicble configuration settings in BIOS, Windows, the GPU's Control panel, and perhaps the monitor itself.

Especially if you know that the monitor works because you tested it beforehand.

From what I heard in this forum, for AMD platform if you have a dGPU you have to go into bios and tell it to use the iGPU otherwise it will not show up at all.

Also just because you want everything on the second monitor to use the iGPU doesn't mean that it will, IT WON'T. Everything you start on the main display will use the main GPU even if you span it or move it to the second display, also many thing might start on the iGPU even if you want them to start on the dGPU.

If you want to make sure what uses what you have to use windows graphics settings.

What do you hope to accomplish?
The performance offload from a 3060 is negligible and there will be increased processor overhead on the 3200G

Windows is happy enough in theory, running multiple graphics adapters.
Software drivers for both need to be installed.
One needs to assign ram to the 3200g igpu and set it to activate.
How well this works, I can't tell you.

Hi so Im currently running a Ryzen 7 5700G with an iGPU on it, and an RTX 3060 GPU.
Is it possible for me to plug my 2nd monitor in to the the motherboard and let the iGPU run it?
If so, can anyone give me a guide on how to possibly set it up? Thanks.
Yes, you should be able to install the Radeon GPU drivers for your system (if you haven't already) and then plug the monitor in one of the motherboard's video ports. You may need to reboot after installing the drivers for Windows to properly work with the iGPU.

Oct 28, 2022
Yes, you should be able to install the Radeon GPU drivers for your system (if you haven't already) and then plug the monitor in one of the motherboard's video ports. You may need to reboot after installing the drivers for Windows to properly work with the iGPU.
I downloaded the drivers for my CPU before, but when I checked in window's device manager and clicked on the "display adapters" only my GPU shows up, is there a different "radeon iGPU" drivers for it? my purpose for this is for my gpu temp to lower a bit and lower its power consumption. A guide will be greatly appreciated =)

I downloaded the drivers for my CPU before, but when I checked in window's device manager and clicked on the "display adapters" only my GPU shows up, is there a different "radeon iGPU" drivers for it? my purpose for this is for my gpu temp to lower a bit and lower its power consumption. A guide will be greatly appreciated =)
If you go to AMD's driver website, it looks like there's an option to do all the drivers via the "Download Windows drivers" button.

Otherwise you can grab the "Adrenalin" drivers for your iGPU from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.