[SOLVED] how to make my motherboard recognize new M.2?

Jun 20, 2020
Hello everyone, just got a brand new NVME SSD the SN750 from WD, and tried installing it in my motherboard an ASUS STRIX B350-F and the motherboard will not recognize the M.2 in SATA it recognizes it in boot, but windows disk management wont make it pop up for me to format the drive.

NOTE: I have a hard drive already installed in my pc with windows, and ive tried updating my bios to see if it would work, have also tried moving it around in different sata ports to see if one sata port disabled the m.2 slot.

Jun 20, 2020
Watch this he explains it very well:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=81&v=HIjcm2LG33I&feature=emb_title

IF it doesnt show up as an Unallocate drive i really dont know, except for how you instaled it, if you havnt installed the standoff (its a little screw that makes your m.2 drive in one line with the m.2 little plug in slot) on the m.2 slot install it and try again
Well I must've not worded it well, but the actual problem itself is that windows recognizes the drive, but its not popping up in disk management, there is nothing for me to click to format the drive. pretty rad video though!, Also do have it installed properly with a standoff as well.

Reactions: Aleks.T

Aleks.T

Prominent
Feb 15, 2019
Well I must've not worded it well, but the actual problem itself is that windows recognizes the drive, but its not popping up in disk management, there is nothing for me to click to format the drive. pretty rad video though!, Also do have it installed properly with a standoff as well.
[/QUOTE}
Im sorry i didnt read corectly :) read my latest reply.. its bad news for you

Aleks.T

Prominent
Feb 15, 2019
Honestly would be a but surprised if it was compability and would be honestly saddened by it, but ill just have to return the m.2 in the end and buy a new one
You can try to unplug everything, like evrything that is not needed on the Mobo or for the PC, the m.2 shouldnt be in as well. Then try to start it and shut it down, then when it is powerd off slap the m.2 on and see what happens. Im really sorry for you :/

Reactions: Aleks.T
Solution