[SOLVED] How to make my unallocated disk space on my hard drive usable

Feb 15, 2020
Recently, in an attempt to remove windows 10 from my hard drive as I no longer use it as a boot drive, I deleted the entire drive on disk management. This rendered it basically useless and I now only have 500Mb of usable space while there is 930 Gb of unallocated space. Is there any way to fix this or do I need a new hard drive?

Solution
In Disk management, Right click on the 'unallocated space' and then select New Simple Volume.
- Accept the size by clicking next.

- Make sure the Dot is next to 'Assign the following Drive letter & make sure you have the letter you desire selected to the right, click next.

- Put the dot next to " Format this..." with NTFS set as the file system, default set as the allocation size, and the label is what ever you wish to call this drive. Place a check in the 'Quick format' box & uncheck the allow compression option; now click Next.

In a couple seconds, your new drive letter should be available.
Feb 15, 2020
uPhW5Ju.png

popatim

Titan
In Disk management, Right click on the 'unallocated space' and then select New Simple Volume.
- Accept the size by clicking next.

- Make sure the Dot is next to 'Assign the following Drive letter & make sure you have the letter you desire selected to the right, click next.

- Put the dot next to " Format this..." with NTFS set as the file system, default set as the allocation size, and the label is what ever you wish to call this drive. Place a check in the 'Quick format' box & uncheck the allow compression option; now click Next.

In a couple seconds, your new drive letter should be available.

Solution