How to make second hdd invisible to pc unless enabled

Pc6777

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014
Hello, I would like to make my second hdd invisible to my pc unless I enable it somehow. So when i boot off my main hard drive I can't see the second drive at all and it's like the second drive isn't even there. Is there a way, to make my second drive invisible unless I do something special maybe in bios to enable it every time I Wana use it???

Pc6777

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014

I'm currently unplugging the sata cable every time I want to switch but I rather not have to open up my pc multiple times a day To switch and switch back.I'm gona try the second thing you said tho, hopefully it works and thanks.

I'm assuming you're working with a desktop PC. If you currently have a vacant 5 1/4" external bay available you might want to consider installing a mobile rack to accommodate a removable HDD or SSD. It would meet your precise objective of isolating a second drive from the system whenever you booted to your system and preferred not having a secondary drive connected at that particular time.

You would have the option as well of connecting that secondary drive to the system "on the fly" while your operating system was running.

A simple press on the power on/off button of the mobile rack would all you have to do.

We've been installing mobile racks in our desktop systems for many years and wouldn't build a system without at least one installed.

Pc6777

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014
thanks, I don't have any mobile hard drives and cant afford one right now. I do have 2 hdds tho. Is is possible to have one account on my pc use 1 drive and the other account use a other hard drive??? btw my os is windows 10.

I'm not sure if your last post was in response to my suggestion about utilizing a removable HDD mobile rack configuration. If your query was directed to me I am at a complete loss to understand its contents/question. So if you wish to clarify, please do.