Question how to make second router and devices connected to it visible

Apr 9, 2020
i have an xfinity modem/router as main router, i have netgear router downstairs with a different WIFI signal for the kids, the Netgear router and all devices are not visible in the main Xfinity router, is there a way to make them all visible and still have the separate WIFI signal downstairs?

RealBeast

Titan
i have an xfinity modem/router as main router, i have netgear router downstairs with a different WIFI signal for the kids, the Netgear router and all devices are not visible in the main Xfinity router, is there a way to make them all visible and still have the separate WIFI signal downstairs?
Sure, set up the Netgear as an access point instead. Connect the cable to an LAN port, turn off DHCP, set the Netgear gateway as the Xfinity router IP address, give the Netgear an IP address that is in the Xfinity network range but outside its DHCP assignment range so that the Netgear is static. Coordinate the wireless networks so they use different channels and if you wish different SSID and passkey.

Apr 9, 2020
Thank you, I have all that set, but I think I have the cable from the Xfinity router connected to the WAN port of the Netgear router, is that why I'm not seeing anything connected to this router? will I still have wireless capability connecting to the LAN port?