Question How to make tab and toolbar text larger in Firefox (pls read details)

Oct 16, 2020
I have macular degeneration. I know how to magnify the screen - that's NOT what I'm asking! I have trouble reading the small text in the bookmark toolbar, in the tab text, and in the menu bar, NOT on the screen but within the browser itself. So far I have had no luck. Please help! Rocky

gardenman

Splendid
To change the font size on the tabs, bookmark toolbar, menus and other places, do the following:

In the Firefox (version 81.0.2) address bar, type in: about:config
Accept and Continue
In the search box type: devp
Beside of layout.css.devPixelsPerPx on the right, click the Edit button.
Change it to: 1.5 and press Enter.

To restore it back to normal, change it back to: -1.0

Reference:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1239467

Reactions: Ralston18
Oct 16, 2020
gardenman:

That helped, but not what I want to know. I think folks are not understanding what I want/need to do.
Increasing screen font helps for sure, but I knew how to do that; it's the small text INSIDE the tabs above the page that I want to make bigger. I strain to see what each tab IS, and I often have a lot of them open at a time. Thanks for your advice, worked very well, now I don't have to hit Ctrl+ all the time! By the way I like irises and lily of the valley, but find the latter hard to maintain.
rocket

gardenman

Splendid
I'm not sure if we helped or not. You said "not what I want to know", then you said "worked very well".

This is what changing the layout.css.devPixelsPerPx to 1.5 does. Click the below image to see full size.

bCWBh54.jpg

Let us know if that's what you want.

PS: Pretty flowers. I've grown sunflowers but mostly I just grow simple food such as cucumbers, watermelon, etc. Anyway, we need to stay on topic and shouldn't talk about gardening here. :)