How to make this exact company logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcomskater2

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Hello everyone, I'm starting a local electrical service business and have what I want my logo to look like drawn out, but I don't know what program or how to digitally recreate this exact logo so I can use it for shirts and etc for the company. Any ideas?

Solution
Basically you scan it, and manually trace and color it as a vector graphic via a program like Illustrator or FreeHand or Sketch.

If you have no idea what that sentence means, just hire a graphic artist for a few hundred dollars to do it for you. Depending on the complexity of the graphic, it can be fairly labor-intensive and might take you dozens of times longer to learn how to do it (and do it poorly) than it would take a professional graphic artist to do it.

Once you have the vector graphic, you can "print" it as a raster (pixels) graphic at any resolution for things like email attachments. Print shops will be able to handle the vector graphic directly for things like letterhead and t-shifts. In fact, they're probably a good...
Basically you scan it, and manually trace and color it as a vector graphic via a program like Illustrator or FreeHand or Sketch.

If you have no idea what that sentence means, just hire a graphic artist for a few hundred dollars to do it for you. Depending on the complexity of the graphic, it can be fairly labor-intensive and might take you dozens of times longer to learn how to do it (and do it poorly) than it would take a professional graphic artist to do it.

Once you have the vector graphic, you can "print" it as a raster (pixels) graphic at any resolution for things like email attachments. Print shops will be able to handle the vector graphic directly for things like letterhead and t-shifts. In fact, they're probably a good place to ask to recommend an artist to do this for you. They deal with this sort of thing all the time (customer comes in with a 1" x 1" logo that they want enlarged and printed on a poster or t-shirt).

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Agree with Solandri and the BA.

Will add another suggestion: first go online and look for similar logos.

Start here:

https://www.uspto.gov/learning-and-resources/support-centers/patent-and-trademark-resource-centers-ptrc/resources

And more specifically:

http://tess2.uspto.gov/tmdb/dscm/index.htm

You do not want to spend money on your logo only to have some "stop order" show up days or weeks later.

Some companies are very sensitive about "infringements" or perceived infringements. And if you are the "little guy" defending your logo will likely be relatively more expensive.

And a "do over" likewise....

Status
Not open for further replies.