Question How to make Windows log in without a password

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudeBDR

Reputable
Apr 22, 2020
Okay, so i would think this problem is on here or the internet somewhere but i cannot find it to save my life.

Windows updated (win 11 22H2) and now its requiring me to sign into my PC even though ALL options for that are turned off. additionally, the option to turn off the password requirement in netplwiz is gone. when my PC starts up it gets to the log in screen and tries to log me into an account that literally does not exist anywhere on my PC. not in the registry. not in the user list, not on the accounts page. I have looked everywhere to find and delete this account. Cannot find it. additionally, it forced me to set up windows hello PIN after the update then i tried to go and remove it but the 'remove' button is greyed out. this update had handcuffed my PC and is making it a headache to sign into my account... which is the ONLY account on this PC.

DudeBDR

Reputable
Apr 22, 2020
open account settings through control panel, in there you can still manage local accounts, everywhere else its just online account which you can manage either through settings or from microsoft website
the account doesnt exist. it is not located anywhere on the PC. the only account that shows up ANYWHERE on my PC, including the control panel user accounts page, is MY account. yet still on the sign in page there are two accounts and it tried to log me into the account that does not exist.

DudeBDR

Reputable
Apr 22, 2020
again if i could share images from my PC instead of having to have a URL for my personal problem located on my PC and not on the internet.... then Id show you the screenshots of the issue.

DudeBDR

Reputable
Apr 22, 2020
Untitled.png
Untikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkktled.png
Untitlasdtgjhwd.png

DudeBDR

Reputable
Apr 22, 2020
there.... discord for the win XD. as you can see, the option to disable auto log in is gone. there are no other accounts on my PC. But when I restart or turn on my PC this "Other user" account is there. when I turn the PC on it tried to first sign into that account and i have to select my account and log in to mine. this ONLY happened after the last Windows update from yesterday that update number is: KB5027231 and KB5027119

DudeBDR

Reputable
Apr 22, 2020
FIXED! jumped through hoops, prayed to every god known and unknown. Flew to alpha centauri and back 5 times with an umbrella on my head and my pockets full of toad tongues.... and finally fulfilled the ritual to get a microsoft employee on the phone.... had her remote sesh. she fixed the issue in less than 5 mins.

DudeBDR

Reputable
Apr 22, 2020
other user isnt account, its just a way for you to login with different account
Two reasons I know you're wrong. It doesn't show up as anything in my PC. And two it requires a username and password to sign into it. You can stop replying now single you definitely don't know what you're talking about.

The tech who fixed it. All she had to do was fix an error in the system for MICROSOFT... That was requiring my PC to log into a temporary account. She disabled that and I rebooted my PC and it was fixed. So the problem was with Microsoft and not my PC.

ants pants

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014
Is this still a problem? I haven’t got my glasses on and have a headache so I didn’t read everything else. So I am assuming I am on the right track.

I had the same issue.

Open Settings app from Start Menu. Alternatively, you can press WIN+I keys together to open Settings directly.

Click on Accounts icon in Settings app and then click on Sign-in Options tab present in left-side pane.
PS: Alternatively, You can directly launch this page using “ms-settings:signinoptions” command in RUN dialog box as mentioned here.

In right-side pane, look for following option:

Require Windows Hello Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts

If the option is set to ON, set the toggle button to OFF.

Do the netplwiz thing, don’t close it, undo it and do it again, repet this 4 or 5 times to flush out the ghost account. Then set it to no password needed and reboot.

DudeBDR

Reputable
Apr 22, 2020
Is this still a problem? I haven’t got my glasses on and have a headache so I didn’t read everything else. So I am assuming I am on the right track.

I had the same issue.

Open Settings app from Start Menu. Alternatively, you can press WIN+I keys together to open Settings directly.

Click on Accounts icon in Settings app and then click on Sign-in Options tab present in left-side pane.
PS: Alternatively, You can directly launch this page using “ms-settings:signinoptions” command in RUN dialog box as mentioned here.

In right-side pane, look for following option:

Require Windows Hello Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts

If the option is set to ON, set the toggle button to OFF.

Do the netplwiz thing, don’t close it, undo it and do it again, repet this 4 or 5 times to flush out the ghost account. Then set it to no password needed and reboot.
the issue turned out to be on microsofts end. nothing i could have done apart from contacting them anyway. there was an error with the windows Hello thing and it was forcing me to try and use a temporary account that it labeled "Other user" and then I'd have to use that to do something or another (dont remember cuz i dont care at this point) and the tech i got on the phone saw this and fixed it up, no problem.

Reactions: ants pants
Status
Not open for further replies.