[SOLVED] How to mount case fans

Dec 27, 2021
I recently purchased a kraken 360mm Aio cooler. I front mounted the radiator so the fans face out of my case which allows them to pull in fresh air. I have the Corsair 4000x case, 1 120mm exhaust fan on the back and two 140mm intakes on the top. I own plenty of extra fans and I have used all available fan space. Should I make any adjustments?

Solution
If there is one change that could be made, it would be to consider positioning the AIO's fans on the opposite side of the radiator, like this:
iu

Don't do this though:
iu

The fans here need to be flipped around.

That's about it for possible and still ok changes.
Though, if you have the RGB version of the Kraken 73, you wouldn't want to move the fans behind the rad anyway, since the LEDs wouldn't show...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Top mount that cooler as exhaust, and put the 2 140mm to front intake. AIOs are more efficient when installed against mesh, or open panels.
The 4000X has a semi-solid front panel. In installing the radiator there, you're needlessly stacking on the air resistance; the radiator itself is a source of air resistance.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If there is one change that could be made, it would be to consider positioning the AIO's fans on the opposite side of the radiator, like this:
iu

Don't do this though:
iu

The fans here need to be flipped around.

That's about it for possible and still ok changes.
Though, if you have the RGB version of the Kraken 73, you wouldn't want to move the fans behind the rad anyway, since the LEDs wouldn't show though the front panel glass as well.

Solution