Question How to mount dual RTX 4090s on an ASUS WRX90E-SAGE motherboard ?

Mar 18, 2024
I am building a machine learning server on a WRX90E-SAGE motherboard, with dual Gigabyte OC RTX 4090s, which I want to go in the green marked PCIe slots as shown in the image below. I am using a Fractal Meshify 2XL case.

But the instructions for the GPU anti-sag mounting brackets are assuming that there is a single GPU, and there is no way to mount two of them.

The instructions also are assuming the mount points for an ATX motherboard as opposed to the EEB motherboard. The two bottom right screws (circled red in photo) which the instructions say is where to install the mount bracket, are in a different location from the standard ATX board position. So even if I put in a mounting bracket for the top card, it likely won’t be in the right place. …

I’m not sure what to do here, short of 3D printing my own custom brackets. I’m wondering if anyone here happens to have mounted dual 4090s on this board, and how you did it?

b08ab83b586cf34cdeffee2232fed2b67698d703.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024
Thanks!

Yeah, I gave up on trying to mount anything to the motherboard or case (everything seems to be targeted towards ATX not EEB ... and am thinking some sort of support brace like you suggested is going to be the best option. I ended up buying one of these Antec braces tonight, because it was the only thing I could find that had good ratings and was built to support two GPUs.

I'll post back later with info on how it works out.

Mar 18, 2024
Thanks!

Yeah, I gave up on trying to mount anything to the motherboard or case (everything seems to be targeted towards ATX not EEB ... and am thinking some sort of support brace like you suggested is going to be the best option. I ended up buying one of these Antec braces tonight, because it was the only thing I could find that had good ratings and was built to support two GPUs.

I'll post back later with info on how it works out.
Unfortunately, the Antec braces are too wide to fit between the two 4090s (there is a very small space between them), so I'm having to return it tomorrow ....

I am currently looking for a permanent solution (perhaps this one?), and for now just have the bottom one propped up, and stuffed a piece of plastic between the two cards to hold up the top one.

...Good news is that I booted up for the first time this evening and installed Ubuntu, and my build works :)

Mar 18, 2024
I used this LINK when i ran 3 780 TI, I bought 3 of them and used 3 arms on one stand to support all 3 cards.
The support arms for that one are too wide to fit between the small space between my cards. I ran into the same issue with the Antec brace that I mentioned above, and two other brands I tried. What I ended up going with was an ugly, but practical DIY solution. A cheap $9 screw-style brace for the corner of the bottom one, and a piece of an old toothbrush handle wrapped in electrical tape to stuff between the two cards :)

https://pasteboard.co/qS9wPQBhJjGL.jpg

Reactions: Unolocogringo
The support arms for that one are too wide to fit between the small space between my cards. I ran into the same issue with the Antec brace that I mentioned above, and two other brands I tried. What I ended up going with was an ugly, but practical DIY solution. A cheap $9 screw-style brace for the corner of the bottom one, and a piece of an old toothbrush handle wrapped in electrical tape to stuff between the two cards :)

https://pasteboard.co/qS9wPQBhJjGL.jpg
If iit does the job, who cares:rofl: if you know someone with a 3d printer just have them print you a little cube instead of the toothbrush/electrical tape block.

Reactions: jferments